We recommend each residence turn off the water supply to your residence after each visit. It is important between the months of November and May of each year you will need to completely winterize your residence. The following information is a helpful guideline in developing a written procedure for each residence. It is especially important to have a written procedure if you lend out your residence to family and friends.
1. Close your main water supply valve to the residence. Note: The Water Companies main valve should remain open at all times.
2. Open the low point drain valve to the residence.
3. Open all outside hose bibs and all inside faucets (example: sinks, showers, tub, etc.)
4. Flush toilets, drain water heaters, etc. Note: If you have an electric water heater it is important to be sure to shut the power off before draining the water heater.
5. Add a small amount (approximately ½ cup) of RV antifreeze to all water drains or traps (example: sinks, showers, tub, toilet bowls and toilet tank).
6. To open your residence after it has been winterized steps 1 through 3 are reversed. It is important to understand your water system and develop your own procedures to accommodate each residence.
If you need help with your water system, please give us a call at 760-376-4111.
Our current water distribution system is undersized and has a limited capacity. The problem is compounded on weekends when individuals water their plants, trees and use sprinklers for dust control. The result is low water pressure to several areas of the distribution system. So, to ensure that all homeowners have adequate pressure and water supply we request that all users restrict outside watering to weekdays only.
Copyright © 2020 Alta Sierra Mutual Water Co - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder